Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Little Lady

OH wow I've been down and out for the past day but the news I'm about to tell you really lifted my spirit ***thank god***

This is how it all began & I plan to mark the date (5/24/2016) 
Me , my son, and 3 of my siblings were outside I watched them play and had endless thoughts about my goals in life. So my mom called me looking at my phone I found that weird because why would she call me if she could have told me whatever she had to see just by looking out her bedroom window. 

When I answered she asked, "Guess what?"I instantly thought she would be asking to borrow money, tell me some gossip, or tell a joke. . . I'm like "what?". And she ran down to me telling my sister just got her period. I instantly told her I would be coming in the house all happy for her. Even though periods are not the best thing to happen to women, in my opinion, it's the first step into womanhood
I explained to my sister (after my mom did the motherly thing and talked to her first). I told her what else she needed to know, gave her one of my pads, even thought it was too big for her I told her how to put it on. All she wanted to do is just like pictures on Instagram then go to sleep. She acted like her regular self I acted nothing like that she got her period before I got mines I did not get mines until I turned 13 or 14 years old. 

Later that day I went to Walmart bought her everything she would need

  • Pads
  • Vaginal Wipes
  • Panties
  • Vaginal Spray
  • Hand Sanitizer 
  • Vaginal Powder 
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm so happy for her more so glad I am around to witness this . . . Hopefully, it gets easier from here on out and if I could do more I certainly would. If I ever have my own daughter I'm going to make sure I have a special kit prepared just for this. I hope it gets easier from this point on. . . I pray if she needs any advice she comes to her mother or me so she knows the right thing to do. I can't wait until she gets seen by a doctor so she'll know everything she needs to know before & after. 
Xoxo
ONE OF MANY STEPS OF WOMANHOOD 

No comments:

Post a Comment